Hello SNE Chapter Members,
I have a few updates for you.
1. We had an information packed annual meeting on December 18th, including a special call-in from David Biderman, SWANA CEO and Executive Director, whose update is posted below along with a PFAS Fact Sheet from SWANA. Also posted below are presentations from our speakers; George Aronson of CommonWealth Resource Management Corp. regarding Fiberight in Maine, and Harrison Roakes of Sanborn Head and Jonathan Kitchen of CEC who discussed PFAS issues. Thank you to all our speakers, attendees and to CEC for hosting. Mark you calendars for our Annual Golf Outing and Clambake on July 16, 2018 at The Brookside Club in Bourne.
2. SWANA was just named organization of the year by Waste Dive. See SWANA's announcement and Waste Dive's announcement linked below.
4. MA Department of Environmental Protection has issued its draft 2030 Solid Waste Master Plan. More information can be found at their website. This plan highlights the capacity concerns we are facing in MA that are also present in Southern New England as a whole. Click here - DEP 2030 SWMP.
5. The Chapter is co-sponsoring two important events hosted by the Environmental Business Council of New England. The first is the Annual Construction and Demolition Materials Management Regional Summit on January 30th and the Southern New England "Talking Trash" Conference on March 4th. Please visit the EBC website for details and to register for this information packed events.
6. Do you know an equipment operator who would like to test their skills on national TV? If so, check out the offer from a production company that is recruiting candidates. Click the button below for more information.
Best regards for a great 2020,
Phil Goddard, Chapter President
The Southern New England Chapter’s goal is to improve the practice of environmentally and economically sound integrated solid waste management in New England.